Friday, April 17, 2009

More Snow





Well today brings more snow to the Palmer Ridge in Colorado, so the best thing to do when it snows...STAMP. I feel in love with the stamp set Sense of Time from the Occasions Mini Catalog. As I began playing with paper I came up with this card, very nice to give to a man. Love the To The Nines Specialty Paper, and I feel that is looks GREAT with the Always Artichoke paper and Chocolate Chip paper. I used the Sahara Sand as well, an underused paper in my opinion and well this is what came out and I love it. You may have noticed some of the Hodgepodge Hardware, I did use the antique brass, it just fit to well.

This card is done with 2 different stamp sets, I used Scene in a Garden, the occasions mini catalog, and Blooming with Love. Since we are getting close to Mothers Day I felt the need to combine the two to make what I feel is a great card. I stamped the images with Stazon, then water colored the images and did some cutting out of flowers and the wheel barrel. Attaching with the dimensionals gave it a great look. I attached a Filigree flower brad to the wheel and it gave the card another WOW look. Love it!!!! Now I will have to send it to my mom for Mothers Day, but I have some time to enjoy it first!!!!



Last card of the day is made with the Echoes of Kindness Hostess set. I say a card in a magazine that had some of the same styles as this using other products. So last night I was thinking "what do I have that would make this card just a beautiful but using Stampin' UP product"? As you can tell I did find lots of great items to use. The papers I used were Sage Shadow, Pink Pirouette and Naturals Ivory. I then broke out the Big Shot, the Stampin' Up Backgrounds I has the swirly background that I love, then I started stamping and blending,grabbed some brads, the Vintage ones of course, and did some punching with the Eyelet Border. In the end this came out to be a great card that can be used for a birthday or Mothers Day.

So please if you are a stamper and snowed in -play and just put stuff together and you will be amazed at the great projects you can make.

Thank you and keep Stampin
Lisa

1 comment: